This Privacy Disclosure Statement & Consent is relevant to –
Business Name: Dealer Business Solutions PL
ACN: 143 969 331
Address: Po Box 1083, Ashmore City QLD Ashmore 4214
Business Name: DBS Financial Solutions PL
Address: Po Box 1083, Ashmore City QLD Ashmore 4214
(‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’)
We collect information about you for the purposes you agree to in
this Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent. When you sign
below, you agree we can, consistently with Australia’s privacy and
credit reporting laws, collect, use and exchange credit and
personal information about you for those purposes.
PRIVACY DISCLOSURE STATEMENT AND CONSENT
We are collecting credit and personal information (information)
about you, as applicable:
• To source for you, or a company of which you are a
• Consumer credit for personal, household,
domestic or residential investment purposes;
• Commercial credit for business purposes; or
• Other services stated in this Privacy Disclosure
Statement and Consent (Consent); or
• To support a guarantor application, you will provide.
As your broker, we require the information we collect from you to
assess your credit, or guarantor, application or the credit
application of a company of which you are a director, source a
suitable credit provider and any required insurances and to
manage the application process, where required. If you do not
provide the information sought we may be unable to process your
application, or the company’s application, or we may be limited in
the other services we can offer you or the company.
YOUR INFORMATION : COLLECTION AND CREDIT
REPORTING BODY (CRB)
When we collect information from you in the credit application
process, we use that information in a number of ways to assess
your credit application and to source a suitable credit provider or
lessor and/ or insurance provider. We may:
• Disclose your identification information to a CRB if you
wish us to obtain a report on your behalf;
• Use any information the CRB provides in that report to
assist us to preliminarily assess your consumer credit or
• Disclose your personal information to an insurer or
insurers to source any insurances you wish to obtain;
• Disclose your credit information to a credit provider or
credit providers to apply for finance on your behalf.
The information we obtain from you is used, subject to
compliance with Australia’s privacy and credit reporting laws, only
for the purposes listed in this Consent and is not disclosed to any
other person except with your permission or as permitted, or
required, by law.
As part of providing our services to you, we may undertake tasks
for a credit provider which is reasonably necessary to manage
the application process. When doing so, we are acting as agent
for the credit provider, with the same privacy law requirements
applying to both of us.
We may submit your application to one or more credit providers.
Those credit providers and their website addresses are set out in
the Schedule 1 at the end of this document.
A credit provider, to whom we submit an application, may
disclose information about you to, and collect information about
you from, from one or more CRBs
The website of each credit provider contains details of each CRB
with which it deals and other detail about information held about
you, including whether that information may be held or disclosed
overseas and, if so, in which countries. The websites also
describe your key rights. This detail may be described on the
‘credit reporting policy’ or ‘privacy disclosure statement and
consent’, or similar.
For each CRB the website details will include the following
• That the CRB may include information the credit provider
discloses about you to other credit providers to assess
your credit worthiness;
• That, if you become overdue in making consumer credit
payments or you commit a serious credit infringement,
the credit provide may disclose that information to a
• How you can obtain the credit provider’s and/or CRB’s
policies about managing your credit information;
• Your right to access and/or correct information held
about you and to complain about conduct that may
breach the privacy and credit reporting laws;
• Your right to request a CRB not to undertake pre
screening for purposes of direct marketing by a credit
• Your right to request a CRB not to release information
about you if you believe you are a victim of fraud.
This detail will also be included by the credit provider who
approves your application in the privacy disclosure statement and
consent document it will provide to you.
Each credit provider website includes information on how to
contact the credit provider and how to obtain a copy of its privacy
documents in a form that suits you (e.g. hardcopy or email).
You have the right to ask:
• Us to provide you with all the information we hold about you;
• Us to correct the information we hold if it is incorrect;
• The CRB not to use your information for direct marketing assessment purposes, including pre-screening; and
• The CRB to provide you with a copy of the information it holds about you.
You can gain access to the information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer at the address above or by phone on 07 3193 9447 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
In some cases, an administration fee may be charged to cover the cost of providing the information.
Schedule 2 at the end of this document sets out the contact details for each CRB service.
DISCLOSURE AND CONSENT
By signing below, you agree we may:
• Use your personal and credit information:
• To assess your consumer or commercial credit and/or guarantee application and/or to assess a credit
application by a company of which you are a director;
• To source any finances, you required;
• To source any insurances, you require; and
• As the law authorises or requires.
• Disclose to, and obtain from, any prospective credit provider or insurer, information about you that is reasonably necessary to obtain the finance and insurances you require;
• Obtain from, and disclose to, any third party, information about you, the applicant(s) or guarantor(s) that is reasonably necessary to assist you obtain the finance and insurances required;
• Provide your information, including your credit report(s), to one or more of the credit providers specified in Schedule 1 so they can assess your application, or the application of a company of which you are a director, or your suitability as a guarantor; Provide credit information about you to a guarantor, or prospective guarantor;
• Provide you, or the company of which you are a director, with offers or information of other goods or services we, or any of our associated entities, may be able to provide to you or the company, unless you tell us not to;
• Disclose your personal and credit information to the extent permitted by law to other organisations that provide us with services, such as contractors, agents, printers, mail houses, lawyers, document custodians, securitisers and computer systems consultants or providers, so they can perform those services for us. This includes service providers located overseas. It is not practical to list every country in which recipients will be located, however it is likely to include, Germany, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Philippines, India, Singapore, Japan & United States of America; and
• Disclose your personal information to any other organisation that may wish to acquire, or has acquired, an interest in our business or any rights under your contract with us, or the contract with us of a company of which you are a director.
You also agree and consent to, as appropriate:
A CRB disclosing consumer credit information to one or more credit providers specified in the Schedule 1 below for the purpose of assessing your application for consumer or commercial credit or your guarantor application, and/or assessing a credit application by a company of which you are a director;
When you are a prospective guarantor, a credit provider using that information to assess your suitability as a guarantor;
A credit provider disclosing your credit information (including information obtained by it from a CRB) to a guarantor, or a prospective guarantor; and
A credit provider disclosing to another credit provider, to your agent, such as us as your broker, or to a servicer, for a particular purpose, information it holds about you.
EXTENDED EFFECTIVENESS FOR COMMERCIAL CREDIT
Your agreement and consent to the disclosures and consents in this document will be effective for a period of 12 months, but only in relation to commercial credit. Your agreement to this ceases when you either withdraw it by contacting us using our details above or 12 months after you sign below, whichever first occurs. This will allow us to continue to provide our services to you without the need to ask you to sign a new privacy statement and consent each time you require commercial credit within a 12 month period. The extended effectiveness does not apply in relation to consumer credit
Where the applicant, or guarantor, is a company of which you are a director, you consent to the use of your information, in addition to the company’s information, in each of the ways listed above.
EFFECTIVENESS FOR CONSUMER CREDIT
This authorisation ceases when we undertake a task on behalf of the credit provider.
By signing the below, you also authorise us to make a request on your behalf to obtain credit reporting information about your consumer and commercial credit worthiness from a CRB. That information will assist us in providing our services to you.
If you have any questions or would like further information about our privacy and credit information handling practices and policies, or a hard copy of this policy, or you wish to exercise your right to make a correction, complaint or request access to any information which we have collected about you, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
The Privacy Officer
Credit World Pty Ltd
Level 26, One Bligh St
Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: 02 8226 8758
Our Privacy Officer will attend to your matter within a reasonable period after your communication is received and if access to information has been requested, will give access to the information in the manner requested by you, for a reasonable fee where it is reasonable and practical to do so.